Saturday, July 2, 2011

Muscat Fashion Week 2011


Hey Dolls :] ..

I wanted to post a whole entry about a really important event that happened early on this year (2011) in the Capital of Oman, Muscat. As a fashion blogger, I was extremely hapy to see the first Muscat fashion week go successfully, it was really professional and I gotta say that I am so proud with the effort and the hard work that went into the project.

I personally believe that this year's Musat Fashion week, which is the first fashion week the country ever experienced, was a success, and brought together a bunch of amazingly taleted designers from the Arab world and the middle east, as well as faulous Omani designers who have the passion for fashion. The designers incuded Robert Abi Nader and Fadi Nahle, which are well known Lebanese designers.

The Omani designers include Anisa Al Zadjali, Nadra Al Ajmi , Khadija Al Lamki, Khadija Al Lamki, and Hanaa Al Wahaibi.

I was really impressed with the runway and how gorgeous the designs looked, and I was happy to see that eveyone was taking the project very seriously. I think that this is a very good step forward in the world of fashion in Oman, and will open up the eyes of the public, showing them the true beauty of fashion in Oman, specifically here in Muscat.

Although the whole Fashion week idea was great, there is a pit, which basically is due to the fact that not enough awareness has been put out, as well as the fact that we should see more audience in these type of events, in order to create a fashion forward environment in Oman.

I will leav you now with some pictures, and videos describing the event.









Enjoy the Vids!!