Sunday, June 12, 2011

Embrace Your Curves .. Because Real Woman Got Curves!

.. Hey dolls ;) ..


Before I start the topic, I would like to say that this post is specifically dedicated to a very good friend of mine, [ Fatima AKA Alexis, or Glorious Queen ]

And of course to all of you girls out there that have always had trouble with their weight and all those pressured by the society's expectations and the media's false deffinition of beauty ...





I personally have always been put under pressure about my weight, either from my family or the media or simply the girls around me, such as my friends or classmates in school. The skinny figure, in modern days, is thought to be the only beautiful thing out there, as we can see it is very unlikely to see famous fashion designers hiring curvy models, for the reason that they fear being criticized, or simply because they believe that skinny models are more beautiful.

Being skinny is not pretty. This is what I basically want to say. The environment around us will always try to push us down, and girls are constantly put under a hell alot of pressure from all sides. We now see that if you're skinny, you're too skinny, and if you're curvy, you're fat and therefore ugly. This is the image that I want to change, that HAS TO BE CHANGED!




 By doing this post, I set a few goals that I would like to achieve. One is to try to convince my frind Fatima (Alexis) that being skinny is not pretty!! and that You should love your body the way it is, just like Marilyn Monroe, who was a great feminine figure known in history. She was absolutely in love with her body and was never ashamed of being curvy. she was also considered a sex icon and an attractive lady, and guess what ... SHE IS NOT SKINNY!

Second of all, I would like to send a message to all young girls reading this blog, just to tell you that you are beautiful the way you are, and being skinny, curvy, or overweight does not mean you are not beautiful.

Third thing that I want to re-enforce is the idea of being healthy, and not starving yourself to death just to become skinny ..


Please take a look at the following, and I am sure that you will no longer believe that being skinny is a blessing:



Tumblr_lit09fork61qzggeuo1_500_large




Tumblr_liyjwqsyqo1qeh5eqo1_500_large




Tumblr_lhvumciyau1qawjc8o1_400_large




20090118180237




Well, when i first saw these images, I gotta say I ws shocked, and My sister salsabil said nothing but: "This is soo wrong" ..


What did you think?



Kate Winslet once said :

"I'd much rather be known as some curvy Kate than as some skinny stick."


I think you should be happy with a healthy you, and dont look at unhealthy looking models, remember, Being healthy is far more important .. :) ..





Additionally, the last thing that I want to add is :


As you can see now, celebrities who are thought to be beautiful and fashion & style icons are curvy, as an example Nikki Minaj &; Kim Kardashian .. and they are never afraid of their bodies, and they never wish to become skinny!!!













I just hate how the society think that overweight girls, or curvy girls are ugly and considered unattractive ... C'MON girls!!! Im sure you will regret becoming skeletons once you know what true beauty really means ...












...