Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ultra Slick Lipstick - Blush Allure, Demi Buff and Demure Rose

There were three new Ultra Slick Lipstick ($ 32) in my Edward Bess box from Bergdorf Goodman. The new Ultra Slick Lipstick trio for fall 2010 - Blush Allure, Demi Buff and Demure Rose - is cool / neutral and lighter than the fall of 2009 colors (Tender Love, Forever Yours, and Night Romance). The lipsticks are still demi-mat with the same wild fig scent, but I have not found them to be as smooth and moisturizing. When I spoke with my favorite girls from Edward Bess, saying all three irresistible shades, and my faith was rewarded when I tore into my box. Three different shades of pink - all beautiful - in "one fell swoop."

Ultra Slick Lipstick - Blush Allure, Demi Buff and Demure Rose





Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick is described as deceptive, a way to accentuate the curves of your lips with irresistible, brilliant colors. Another difference is the packaging. Instead of the sleek, round metal tube with EDWARD BESS printed on the side, is now a rectangular plastic container, almost twice as thick, and EB stamped on top. Much bulkier but lighter, lipstick will not roll off a table onto the floor, but I prefer the slim adherent of the old packaging. In fact, I hope they are round metal not phased out because I do not care for this new packaging at all, and I wonder if it helps the lipstick is less humid than their older sisters. The new house does not squeeze with a reassuring click as the older lipsticks do. The price has risen since last year, too, from $ 29 to $ 32, but the price increase took place before the new packaging. Based on this new product direction, is Edward Bess Lipstick been edged out of my number 1 spot by Chantecaille Lip Chic lipsticks.

The creamy, long wearing formula provides superior hydration (actually, it's not "just a claim"). Ultra Slick smooths and shapes lips with an exclusive treatment for a sensual pout. I like the way it feels on my lips, and so long as any "long lasting" lipsticks I like (which means they feel good).

I have mentioned many times since April, when I bought my first Edward Bess cosmetics, I think his line of elegant, luxurious, and extremely satisfying. There is something about his color that makes me think of his birthplace, Charleston, South Carolina, one of my favorite cities in the world. My new lipsticks, along with the new Deep Shine Lip dictionaries, could not be more pleased. They are awesome pink for all - hot enough to heat the skin tones and flattering and warm for us cool types. I do not know how he continues to manage to create shades that work for so many of us.

You can also become a regular Edward Bess - even if you do not have a local source. If you wish to order from Bergdorf Goodman, Susan, or just give Jennifer a call at (212) 872-8826. They offer professional and friendly assistance, and they will keep you informed as new items are expected. They helped me choose Edward Bess shades that are perfect for me, and I'm sure they can do the same for you. Now Edward Bess supporters in Los Angeles and Houston to see and buy the line of Neiman Marcus. I am insanely jealous. Demure Rose is a medium cool-neutral pink lip color. It is less than beige Laura Mercier Pink Champagne cooler than NARS Dolce Vita, and a full shade lighter than the fall of 2009 Forever Yours.
How is it that the DC area do not consider an Edward Bess count? We will be the center of the universe.