Sunday, October 16, 2011

HottHe of the Week...Tiiu

The coolest named HottHe of the Week we have yet to feature. Meet Tiiu, from up in Montreal, Canada. Nothing flashy going on here, just simple He Approve style. Many times less more, keeping it simple means there is less to screw up. Being beautiful is one thing, but being able to transform that beauty into something even better by using clothes and style takes some talent. Tiiu has that skill and is He Approved.

How would you describe your style?
I would describe my style as some kind of special mix of boho/hippy/prep/rock'n'roll... and not gonna lie, a little 'hipster' is in there too. (Though I think my hipster-esque style is largely influenced by living in Montreal, haha.) More importantly though, my style is strongly influenced by the way I'm feeling on a given day... and that's actually kind of why I love fashion so much: it's all about freedom of self-expression.

Favorite item you own? Ooooo... tricky question. At the moment it's my amethyst pendant necklace. Some say gemstones have mystical powers... and I believe it! Amethyst quartz is an incredibly beautiful stone, and supposedly has some protective and healing powers as well. I crafted the necklace it myself, and don't like to leave the house without it.

Who are your favorite designers? Even trickier. When it comes to clothing, I'm very picky and usually like only one or two pieces from a collection. However I always find myself loving just about everything from Free People, Acne, and Alexander Wang. As for jewelry? Pamela Love is hands-down my number one. And accessories? Spell - The Gypsy Collective, of course!